Was supposed to post this 2 weeks ago, but as usual, work got in the way. Anyhoo, this is a very simple Elf on the Shelf craft but has gotten many compliments in school.
a cut out of the Elf, art paper, scissors, crayons, cellophane tape
1) Print out Elf picture
2) Let the children color it then cut it out
3) On another piece of paper, let the children draw the picture you intend them to draw, or let their imaginations go wild (depending on age. The older your kid is, the more accurate their drawing will be. Otherwise, draw them an example, and ask them to copy it, which was what I did with my kids)
3) Fold the Elf’s bottom and knees, so it’ll look like he’s sitting down.
4) Fold the cellophane tape in such a way that when you stick the elf, it’ll look like it’s sticking out of the paper, for the 3D effect. (Refer to the picture attached)
5) Tada! Your very own Elf on the Shelf! 🙂